Thursday, March 26, 2009

My first attempt at a quilt


I spent a good deal of today working on a lap quilt made from Fat Quarters that I picked up last July when my friend and i went on a Quilt Run in So. California. I bought a fat quarter at each of the ten quilt shops we visited over a two weekend period - I wanted to have something to remind me of the wonderful time we had.


I'm not certain, but it could possibly be that if you walk in a Quilt shop - you are hooked for life. They don't have material - they have 'fabric' - glorious colors, out of this world designs - what a playground for grown ups.


I cut my quilt blocks in 7" squares. I used a 1/4" seam allowance (well, I tried to - my seams are not the greatest). Did it turn out great? Heck, no! Did I have a wonderful time - you bet!


I still have to insert the batting and the reverse fabric - it will be the same fabric as the border print - We the People....

No comments: